Capacity Building Intern
Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services. We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK. Symbiotics currently employs 135 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town. Since 2004, we have invested over USD 4bn in more than 350 microfinance institutions across around 80 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 30 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space.
We are looking for:
An Intern in charge of supporting the Capacity Building Unit in the administration of Technical Assistance mandates (such as REGMIFA Technical Assistance Facility, SASD, SCBF, Government of Luxembourg) and unit business affairs, with focus in backstopping activities (admin, reporting and accounting) and basic project management analysis in order to ensure timely outputs.
Using mainly the project database of the Capacity Building Unit, provide backstopping support in designing, managing and monitoring the technical assistance projects, namely (but not limited to):
- Data collection and review for Technical Assistance project design.
- Admin diligence support during tender processes.
- Contract drafting and follow up according to standardized formats.
- Data collection for project interim reports.
- Invoice and payment instructions preparation and invoice collection.
- Inputs for the reports of the Investment Committee and Technical Assistance Facility Committee.
- Inputs for the reports of the donors and other stakeholders.
- Record keeping tasks.
- Assist in the finalization of the data migration of the project database.
- Occasional support to the team in tasks related to the technical assistance duties.
- Bachelor's degree currently studying for Master's degree in Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Interest for microfinance
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Fluent in English. Spanish is a plus
- Available for 3 months
What makes us different?
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- The ability to express your ideas, share your opinion and collaborate in dynamic team
- A flexible work environment with colleagues from 34 countries